RF and Microwave Measurements Course
- Power measurements by several detectors (incl. peak, ave. and RMS)
- Sensitivity measurements (for QAM and Pulse signals) with averaging (using varying BV and screens averaging)
- Phase noise measurement of a frequency source
- Measurement of NF (of an amplifier and SSBNF of a mixer)
- Peak-to-Average measurement (PAPR)
- Measurement of third-order intercept point (IP3) and SFDR
- Basic calibration
- Improved calibration (suitable for reject band of filters)
- Measurement of BPF (S-parameters, Phase and delay response)
- Measurement of an Amplifier (AM/AM, AM/PM, 1dB comp., Harmonics)
- Measurement of load mismatch, and perform Single-Stub matching
- Perform a broadband calibration (de-embedding)
- EVM tests
- Measurement of I-Q imbalance and IR (image-rejection)
- BER measurement
- Measurement PAPR of a detailed-QAM-constellation
- Measurement of BW and ACPR
- Measurement of emission mask-compliance for a WCDMA signal without and with an amplifier
The course duration is 35 academic hours and will be delivered over 7 meetings/sessions of 5 academic hours each.
This is a comprehensive and intensive course (see the course syllabus) that provides a solid grounding in RF, microwave and wireless measurements from HF to mm waves.
The course is presented by leading technical experts with many years of industry and academia experience. (see Lecturers)
The first 5 sessions establish the background theory: time and frequency domain, spectral analysis, linear systems, non-linear memoryless behavior basics, transmission lines and RF network characterization, Smith Chart, noise, digital communications Rx and Tx, matched filtering, I-Q diagrams, ISI, phase noise and jitter.
Hands-on practicing is important, if not crucial. 2 hands-on laboratory sessions, (2 sessions, split over the attendees in 2 rounds) will be devoted to laboratory work. The practicing will be assisted by staff, and based on 4 “laboratory test booklet” sets using modern RF test and measurement equipment.
The topics include power, frequency spectrum, phase/amplitude calibrations, measurements and presentations, TDR, linear and non-linear parameters, noise, oscillators’ figures-of-merit, and fast time-domain measurements and de-embedding.
Who Will Benefit?
The course is aimed primarily at engineers involved in RF, microwave and wireless measurements and working in development, manufacturing, test and production environments, as well as research, simulations and analysis of RF systems.
The target audience includes: System Engineers, R&D Engineers, R&D managers, Project managers and validation engineers.
The course is also suitable for recently graduated or experienced engineers moving into the RF, wireless and microwave fields, who need to quickly get up-to-speed with high-frequency measurement techniques.
The course will also be of interest to managers working and relying on RF test environments, who wish to improve their understanding of RF and microwave measurements in order to better manage the test processes.
Prerequisite – Technical Level
The ability to assimilate and understand technical concepts is essential. Thus a technical RF and Microwaves background is desirable in order to derive maximum benefits from the course.
We offer the RF and Microwaves Engineering course that provides the required theoretical background to this RF and Microwaves Measurements course. In this respect, it serves as a prerequisite to this offered RF and Microwaves Measurements course.
Participants would normally be qualified to degree level or have equivalent experience in an engineering, physics or mathematics-related subject.
Learning Management System (LMS)
Delivery of e-Learning content (including mobile), Assignments, Quizzes and Grades.
Administration, Documentation, Progress and Performance tracking, Assessment and extensive Reporting
Microwave and RF design using Simulation software. Session conducted in a fully equipped computer class and includes practical hands on practicing
A series of thorough and broad hands-on tests accomplished with advanced state-of-the-art laboratory equipment
Spacious classroom, Well equipped, Pleasant atmosphere. Coffee and refreshments , Easy access location, Free parking